AFAO’s members are the AIDS Councils in each state and territory and peak national organisations representing key populations in Australia’s community response to HIV.
Our members are organisations created by communities most affected by HIV. They are deeply embedded within their communities, provide a trusted and credible voice to governments and other stakeholders, and deliver direct education, outreach, support and advocacy.
Our founding members established AFAO in 1985 to provide national leadership on behalf of communities.
We are proud to have the following members:
- AIDS Action Council of the ACT
- Northern Territory AIDS and Hepatitis Council (NTAHC)
- Queensland AIDS Council (QuAC)
- Tasmanian Council on AIDS, Hepatitis and Related Diseases (TasCAHRD)
- Victorian AIDS Council (VAC)
- Western Australian AIDS Council (WAAC)
- Anwernekenhe National HIV Alliance (ANA)
- Australian Injecting and Illicit Drug Users League (AIVL)
- National Association of People with HIV Australia (NAPWHA)
- Scarlet Alliance, the Australian Sex Workers Association
Our affiliate members are: